Visa service for congress speakers
Are you a speaker at the World of Photonics Congress 2019 and need a visa for your stay in Munich? You can find all the information required here. In addition Messe München will issue a visa invitation letter upon request.
General information on visas for congress attendees
EU nationals, in general, do not require a visa, however most other non-German participants do.
Please follow the link to check that you do in fact need a visa:
Those who need a visa must satisfy the visa requirements of the local German Embassy/Consulate including:
- a confirmed travel booking, including flight, train and/or bus bookings, hotel reservation
- proof of health insurance
- confirmation of the scientific society that you are accepted as a participant of the conference (chair/speaker/participant) – this means confirmed presentation slot and/or confirmed online ticket registration
- visa invitation letter
Visa Invitation Letter: Our service for you
How to get a visa invitation letter from Messe München:
- Please send your request via e-mail to the society/conference, which accepted your contribution (oral/poster).
- The society/conference will ask you for all the data required for a visa invitation letter and forward them to Messe München.
- Afterwards Messe München issues your personal visa invitation letter and is going to send the document as a PDF-file via e-mail.
- In case you need the original document at time of your visa appointment, we offer you to send it via air mail. Please kindly note that we only offer delivery by normal air mail (non-tracking, non-registered).
All information about the inquiry to the societies / conferences partners can be found here from the beginning of 2019.
Contact for further questions regarding visa matters:
World of Photonics-Team